CYBONET PineApp Mail Secure is fully available for installation on a Virtual Machine (VMWare)
The following manual provides assistance in installing CYBONET PineApp Mail Secure on a Virtual Machine on VMWare servers and ESXi platforms.
Step 1: Installing PineApp Mail Secure over virtual machine.
1. Login into your VMWare platform
2. Click on Virtual Machine > Create new virtual machine
3. Under Configuration menu, please choose > Custom.
4. Under the Name a Location menu, type the new Virtual Machine’s name (preferably the
product’s name, for example – PineApp)
5. Under the Storage menu, please select relevant storage name and click on Next >
6. On the Virtual Machine Version, choose Virtual Machine Version 11.
7. Under the Guest Operating System
a. Choose Linux
b. Select Other 2,6,x Linux (32-bit)
8. Under the CPUs menu, please choose the required number of CPU cores, the minimum
recommended value is – 2 cores.
9. Under Memory, please select RAM size the minimum recommended value is – 4GB RAM
10. Under the Network menu, select number of NICs. Adapter type must be – E1000.
11. Under SCSI Controller, please select LSI Logic SAS.
12. On the next menu, please choose to Create a new virtual disk.
13. The recommended disk size for a standalone unit is 300GB, for a scanner unit in cluster
120GB is enough. The rest of the options must be chosen as can be seen on this screenshot below.
14. Under Advanced Options, please use the settings recommended below.
15. Under the Ready to Complete menu, please verify that the virtual machine settings are to
your expectations and click on the Continue button.
16. Under the Hardware tab, please select PineApp Mail Secure ISO file under Datastore ISO
File and then click on Finish
Step 2: Activating PineApp Mail Secure product on a Virtual Machine.
In order to complete installation and activate your newly installed virtual machine.
a. Go to Virtual Machines tab
b. Check the newly added system
c. Power ON new instance.
CYBONET, formerly PineApp, was originally established as an Email Security Solutions Company. Since 2002 CYBONET 's internet security and network control products enable SMB/E's and Telcos to comprehensively protect their critical network infrastructure. Whether through the flagship PineApp Mail Secure solution or the next generation of Cyber Protection solutions - CYBONET is dedicated to security. With a renewed dedication to our valued Partner community as well as the development of a platform for Managed Service Providers to more efficiently deliver our solutions - CYBONET is committed to bringing our technologies to all corners of the globe.
CYBONET Support Center